In these few words Merton has spelled out the scope of this blog:
- the ‘real self’ God made us to be;
- how to find it;
- and how to fan it aflame amid the ashes of our lives.
It boils down to what I have come to believe is the good news of the Gospel:
- What do you think of the notion that each of us has a ‘real self’ that God loves and nurtures?
- To what extent do you feel in touch with your real self?
- What are the ashes in your life that hinder your real self from emerging and thriving?
I encourage you to consider writing out your answers, either in a journal or in the comments section (as others have done).
Grace and peace to you…