- I started becomingflame.com a little over 18 months ago, have kept with it, and I think the original About page still describes what I’m up to.
- I look forward to writing each post and to being surprised each time at what actually comes together.
- I read differently now, always being on the lookout for things to share here. I like that.
- The most difficult part of each post is finding a photo – it usually accounts for 90% of the time it takes me to finish and publish a post.
- I’ve learned that I don’t like writing prose – makes me feel like I need to explain everything as though I’m writing to an audience of brains instead of hearts-and-brains-connected. Just sayin’…that’s where I am right now.
- I’ve met dear people whom I’ve grown to love and who have contributed significantly to me through their writings and interactions. Someday soon I’ll share links to their blogs.
- I seem to have become a significant site for finding Mary Oliver’s poem “Praying” – that post is far and away the one most visited on my site, getting views almost every day. (What better honor could I have? I can’t imagine one.)
- I worry that my more conservative friends and family think I’ve gone over the edge, have “drunk the kool-aid”. All I can say is that I love Jesus more now than I ever have, that I feel more compassion for others than I ever have, and that I love sharing that here in language that is hopefully fresh and alive.
- I’m aiming for your hearts, because I think God is aiming for mine.
- Who say’s I need a 10th?
Grace and peace to you…
One reply on “Reflections after 18 months”
Your blog has been a blessing to me, DW. Your writings are very inspirational and heartfelt. They have made a difference in my life and have affirmed my feelings for the Lord. Feelings are very important, no matter what my conservative Christian friends tell me. Feelings are the manifestation of interaction with the Holy Spirit, just as adherence to sound doctrine is an affirmation of obedience and faith. At least that is my understanding of it.
LikeLiked by 1 person