- I started becomingflame.com a little over 18 months ago, have kept with it, and I think the original About page still describes what I’m up to.
- I look forward to writing each post and to being surprised each time at what actually comes together.
- I read differently now, always being on the lookout for things to share here. I like that.
- The most difficult part of each post is finding a photo – it usually accounts for 90% of the time it takes me to finish and publish a post.
- I’ve learned that I don’t like writing prose – makes me feel like I need to explain everything as though I’m writing to an audience of brains instead of hearts-and-brains-connected. Just sayin’…that’s where I am right now.
- I’ve met dear people whom I’ve grown to love and who have contributed significantly to me through their writings and interactions. Someday soon I’ll share links to their blogs.
- I seem to have become a significant site for finding Mary Oliver’s poem “Praying” – that post is far and away the one most visited on my site, getting views almost every day. (What better honor could I have? I can’t imagine one.)
- I worry that my more conservative friends and family think I’ve gone over the edge, have “drunk the kool-aid”. All I can say is that I love Jesus more now than I ever have, that I feel more compassion for others than I ever have, and that I love sharing that here in language that is hopefully fresh and alive.
- I’m aiming for your hearts, because I think God is aiming for mine.
- Who say’s I need a 10th?
Grace and peace to you…